Saturday, July 27, 2024

Jasper

During my many road trips with my dogs, I wandered through many towns and villages along the way, and stayed in many parks. The town of Jasper in Alberta, Canada, was perhaps one of my favorite towns. I have many fond memories from that beautiful setting. The national park, just down the highway, also gave me fond memories, especially from my stay there in 2014 with Erde, just after Leben died. my hope was to revisit those wonderful places either this year or next, to try to reignite the memories.  Unfortunately, both the town of Jasper  and the national park were just ravaged by huge wildfires, that are still raging as I write this. Since I do not anticipate too many more road trips, I may have to forgo any future visit there. But whatever damage those fires caused to those idyllic places, they cannot erase the memories from my mind. My hope now is that both the town and the park regain their former beauty.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update on On The Road 2024

This posting replaces the several mini-postings over the last few months. It seems that every time I went to post a new one, the facts in ...